I'm writing again! Wooo!! Mostly just to distract me from my shift. Time seems to go by faster when I post on my blog...so I'm hoping that will distract me from the fact that my job is terrible and I'm slowing dying inside. I'm one sassy attitude away from throwing my computer across the room...so yeah let's blog.
I keep thinking - this is only temporary and I'm totally just paying my dues and my future jobs will be so great in comparison and one day I'll have a job that I just love. So that sounds good, until I come across dozens of pictures like this:
and this:
and this:
and THIS!
But yeah. Does not inspire a lot of confidence about having a job. Maybe I'll just become a hobo. Or pray for the apocalypse. Do they have jobs in the apocalypse? With my luck I'll probably end up in some sort of customer service job of the apocalypse.
Me: I'm sorry, is there something wrong with your radioactive rat souffle?
Customer: Yes! I ordered it with pesto sauce! What are you, an idiot??
Customer: Also my cab it late.
Anyways. I could go on about my terrible job, but I won't put you through that. And it would probably result in me jumping off a cliff.
So yes! Other topics!!
I'm graduating soon!! Well I'm walking at graduation...and then I'll actually be done in June. But still! I'm just excited to be done with winter semester - especially organic chemistry. Oh my gosh don't even get me started. And physics. Also don't even get me started. Because we all know that physics, (especially the circuits/electricity/optics/relativity part) has soooo much to do with exercise science. And is extremely important to our careers. And is totally worth the crazy amount of time it takes up in our lives which we would rather be spending on our other classes that matter. Blehf;lsfjaps;dij.
Sorry I'm going through caffeine withdrawal - finals and everything. Don't mind me.
On a lighter note! Let me tell you about this man that I see on the bus!
He is a man, probably about 50 or 60 years old. He has some sort of disability which impairs his walking and talking, I don't know specifically what it is, but he has a job at the Provo library and goes there on the bus every day right about the same time I do. And he's such a sweet man! He always smiles at everyone when they get on the bus and is super buds with this one bus driver. And he reads a bunch a different books on his rides every day.
So for about a week or two, there was this woman and her little 4 year old son who would take the bus from my bus stop every day and I got to know them a bit. Her son was like the cutest thing ever. He would always brag about this new batman doll he got that had a batmobile. Batman is his favorite super hero. And his favorite color is blue, because that's the color of his eyes and, according to him, your favorite color has to be the color of your eyes. That's why his brother's favorite color is green.
So anyway. Every day we would get on the bus and the man on the bus would just light up like crazy. The little boy would always run up and say hi to him and show him his batmobile and talk to him. The man would have the biggest smile I've ever seen, and would respond as much as he could - it would come out just kind of like a moan, but you could tell when he said hi and bye and short words like that. And when he would get off the bus at the library stop, he would always wave and say bye to the boy and his mom, still smiling as big as ever.
It was the sweetest thing and I couldn't help smile just as big when I witnessed that. The boy didn't notice the disability of the man at all, or didn't care if he did, and would brighten his day every day for those 2 weeks. It makes me wonder at what point in a child's life do they start to notice/care about obvious differences in people's appearances I remember my sister telling me about one of her boys when he was really young and he was watching a show or something and didn't notice the difference between the black boy and the white boy on the show. It's pretty amazing how kids can just not really notice those types of things!
It was such an example too! I mean because I see this man every day and when I sit down, I see him and sort of smile at him, but mostly just kind of avoid eye contact because I don't want to be awkward or anything, so I just sit and listen to my music. And it's not like I'm required to like sit down with him and everyone on the bus and become best friends with all of them either - but I mean at least a "hello" wouldn't kill me! I think sometimes as adults we're kind of trapped by our fear of embarrassment or self-consciousness or getting out of our comfort zone to really reach out to other people. And I don't think kids, or at least that kid on the bus, have that same barrier. It really inspires me to be a little less in my personal bubble and reach out. I guess this is one of the things he was talking about when King Benjamin said to "become as a child".
So yes. Lots of warm fuzzies from that. :)
Here's a video by these guys who make the most hilarious videos. I've been dying.
Howz your patience? Bahahahahahaha (don't judge me)
Right on.




1 comment:
I am that friend on the computer.
Post a Comment