Mmyess I finally finished BYU and moved out of Utah and am living at home now with plans for nursing school, trip to Scotland and bariatric surgery. And keeping my stupid job until I can get another one. Geez.
SO MOVING. I hate moving. Like a lot. I stayed in the same apartment complex for 3 years mostly because I didn't feel like moving all my crap. So now when I had to move all my stuff across the freakin country, it was ridiculous. I could only take two bags on the plane, (for free - woop woop Southwest!), and then mooch off of my family members to take the other 4 bags back for me. And I am eternally grateful - shout out to Liz and Chris and Mom and Dad!
Yeah and then I had to ship a box with some stuff. Dont. Even. Get. Me. Started. I go to Uhaul and get a big box to put stuff in and plan to ship it - long story short - MOVING boxes are not the same as SHIPPING boxes. And when they put the notice that these bigger boxes are best for like pillows and comforters and stuff - they're not kidding.
So I stuff this XL box with all my heavy kitchen stuff and it ends up weighing about 70 lbs and when I break my back taking it to the post office and the lady basically says it's too big and the box starts to rip open at the bottom - I kind of have a mental breakdown. Then I modify it and tape up all the corners with like 2 rolls of tape and ship it. Next time - smaller boxes. And driving. Way easier in my opinion.
ANYWAY.
So yeah. In the meantime, I'm just puttering around the house, hanging out with my parents, watching the birds, dreading my job still, and just trying to relax for the summer while still trying to make life plans so I don't feel like I'm mooching off my parents forever and become a bum who lives with her parents for the rest of her life. (Even though that would be super great. But not socially acceptable. Whatever).
So now I guess I'll just prepare for my trip to Scotland. HECK. YEAH.
Did I mention we're going to Doune Castle? You know, the one they used in like all the scenes from Monty Python? Yeah. Be jealous.
Oh yeah and apparently they used it as the set of Winterfell in Game of Thrones. I don't know which jokes and references to make while I'm there! Excitement level - doubled.
YESSS.
I'm gonna be humming this song the whole time I'm there.
And probably be quoting this scene...
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
Right on.


.jpg)


1 comment:
I forgot how much I loved that photoshopped photo of you and the box.
Post a Comment